Development Manager – Client-side Mixed-use Office portfolio - London
We are working closely with a young, dynamic family office estate who have a focused investment, development and management platform within the London mixed-use commercial office and residential sector. They have an exceptional business taking a long-term view over their investments and due to further acquisitions and existing asset value add development pipeline they are looking for a 360 Development Manager to join their London team.
£60,000 - £65,000 + Benefits + Bonus c.20%
The Development Manager will be the number two reporting into a Senior Development Manager and will work across their value-add mixed-use office development portfolio with some exposure to residential and student accommodations schemes. They currently have a number of active new build, cut and carve and CAT A fit-out schemes between 10,000 Sqft and c. 60,000 Sqft and a solid pipeline over the next three years with projects value between £3 million and £40 million including some residential and student accommodations plays.
The Development Manager will assist ant input into the full development lifecycle with core duties including acquisitions (appraisals, feasibility and DD), planning (S106/278) and design, tendering and managing the professional teams (including external PM/EA) through construction to hand over to the operational and asset management teams.
In addition to the direct development schemes the Development Manager would also oversee JV development partners in some instances taking a higher level more strategic investment and monitoring viewpoint through the development lifecycle. The Development Manager will have support but will also be given a lot of autonomy to pick up and run jobs.
· MRICS qualified with a degree in Project Management, Property or Real Estate
· Circa 3 years post qualified experience focused on office new build, cut and carve and refurbishment projects.
· Core experience in the technical project delivery (MS Suit), and additional front end development appraisal (excel) and back-end experience would be advantageous.
· Commercially astute with good stakeholder management and reporting skills.
· Understanding of sustainability, carbon neutral design and BREAM
· Strong communication and organisation skills to manage external consultant teams.
· Personality: Energetic, team player and a ‘can-do’ attitude
This is a great opportunity to take a client side move to a well-funded estate and gain exposure to some major landmark office developments in London.
For further information on this opportunity please click the apply link or contact John Clarkson email@example.com 02038543871